Whether you have a business, educational institution, apartment complex, data center, or manufacturing facility, interconnectivity within the company and with the outside world is integral to proper functioning. Structured cabling from Integrated Technology Solutions meets your current and future needs.
Structured Cabling Subsystems
Within a building, a cabling system incorporates several standardized elements or subsystems that are designed and installed according to national and industry standard.
- Equipment rooms are designed to house equipment and wiring consolidation points that serve the users throughout the organization.
- Backbone cabling that provides for the inter-building and intra-building cable connections and structured cabling between entrance facilities, equipment rooms, and telecommunications closets. Most used in data centers, backbone cabling includes transmission media, main and intermediate cross-connects and terminations at these locations.
- Horizontal cabling wiring includes IW (inside wiring) or plenum cabling between walls, between structural and dropped ceilings, and under floors. This connects telecommunications rooms to individual outlets or work areas on the floor, usually through the wireways, conduits, or ceiling spaces. The point where horizontal cabling connects to a patch panel or punch up block and to the backbone cabling is known as the horizontal cross-connect.
- Telecommunications rooms or enclosures connect backbone cabling and horizontal cabling.
- Work-area components allow end users to connect their equipment to the system
Meeting Cabling Specs And Standards
Cables currently in use include category 5e (CAT5e), category 6 (CAT6), and fiber optic cabling and modular connectors. The standards dictate the type of cable required, how it is installed, requirements for color coding, and how it connects to other components of the system via adapters and plugs.
In the U.S., the procedures for installing cables and the cabling used follow the recommendations of the Telecommunications Industry Association that issues ANSI/TIA-658 standards for the following uses:
- ANSI/TIA-568.0-D, Generic Telecommunications Cabling for Customer Premises, 2015
- ANSI/TIA-568.1-D, Commercial Building Telecommunications Infrastructure Standard, 2015
- ANSI/TIA-568-C.2, Balanced Twisted-Pair Telecommunication Cabling and Components Standard, published 2009
- ANSI/TIA-568-C.3, Optical Fiber Cabling Components Standard, published 2008, plus errata issued in October 2008
- TIA-569-B (2004; Amd 1 2009) Commercial Building Standard for Telecommunications Pathways and Spaces
- ANSI/TIA/EIA-606-A-2002, Administration Standard for Commercial Telecommunications Infrastructure
Structured Cabling Solutions For Today And Tomorrow
Integrated Technology Solutions designs and installs structured cabling solutions that reflect the architecture of your building and the needs of your organization while meeting industry standards. Whether you are building a new facility or adapting or upgrading an existing one, we guarantee that our cabling will meet or exceed current standards and provide for future expansion.
For an estimate or a consult about your structured cabling needs, call us toll-free at today (281) 942-4121.